Friday, April 26, 2013

Mouth Watering Blueberry Muffins

So today is an unusual day. I woke up earlier than normal took a shower, got ready for the day AND had time left over before my girls went off to school. So what did I do with this extra time you ask.... ?

I made homemade Blueberry Muffins of course!!

I LOVE MUFFINS! Especially blueberry ones and it just so happened I had everything to make these love breakfast baked goods so to my kid's delight when they came out for breakfast they found warm muffins. 

Okay so I am going to share my awesome Blueberry Muffin Recipe with you so you can enjoy years of delicious muffins. Your posterity will thank me for sharing this one day, trust me. 


Blueberry Muffin Recipe

 Makes 6 Large Muffins or 12 smaller ones.
I usually end up doubling the recipe anyway because they don't tend to stay around in my house.

Ingredients

4 Tbsp. unsalted butter at room temp.
1/2. c sugar
zest of 2 large lemons (when I don't have this I substitute 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c. sour cream
3/4 c. blueberries frozen or fresh ( I usually use frozen and they work wonderfully)

Topping (not necessary as tastes great without)
3/4 tsp. sugar
grated nutmeg for dusting

Directions

Preheat your oven to 375 F.
In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.

In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Spoon half of the flour and half of sour cream  in to sugar mixture and fold in with rubber spatula until flour has mostly disappeared. Repeat with remaining flour and sour cream until flour disappears. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill muffin tins almost to top batter will be a little stiff especially with frozen berries. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack and then serve warm or at room temperature.





No comments:

Post a Comment