Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cute Hair Day

Sunday's are a day for cute hair! Mainly because I have time to play around with my girls hair and finding out what I think is cute and how I can do stuff. Today we had some dang cute hair!

My older daughter had a really easy yet cute side ponytail with twisty braids. I have to say I LOVE twisty braids they just look so cute. 

My younger daughter had a pretty bow braid. I have to say this is one of my favorite braids to do. Every time we do this hair style the compliments are nonstop. This hairstyle does take a little bit longer than what we do on normal days though. 

Okay so first of the side pony with twists. Easy peasy! I part the hair so that about 1 inch of hair from one ear over the top to the other and is hanging down loose around her face and then securely fasten the other hair. 
 Then all you do is take sections of the loose hair and make twist braids that you will later add to the ponytail. The trick with twisty braids is to roll the hair in the opposite direction that you will be twisting it. 



And of course we add a cute paper flower hairpin and waa-laa! 

And now for the bow braid. 

First you part the hair on which ever side you desire. The majority of the hair will be on the side you want the braid. 
The you french braid the larger portion of the hair.

 The hair left out will be how you add the "bows" in her hair. Now the easiest way I have found to do this is with a big hair pin. I take a small portion of the hair and make a small loop in the hair. 
 You put the hairpin halfway through one of the weaves on the braid and put the loop of hair through the hairpin and pull through about half way until it forms a bow. 


After the bow is formed slide the hairpin out and bobby pin bow in place. 
 Continue making bows evenly down the braid until out of hair. 
 Now you can leave it as a braid and just securely fasten it with a ponytail if you'd like. We went a step further though and tucked the bottom under to create more of a braid to bun look. 
And some cute little hair accessories and you are done. These rose hairpins complete this beautiful style and I have one happy girl that gets complimented all day on how pretty she looks. Happy girls make a happy mama. 

All the handcrafted items I make are also for sale on my Etsy page and when I get more followers I will be having monthly give aways of various items so follow me for a chance to be involved in those. 

Have a good night all and god bless. 


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Sunday Hairdos. I wish my mom had known those kind of hairdos when I was young.

    ReplyDelete